This year, April 24th is Arbor Day. It’s a day where everyone is encouraged to plant a tree. While we have been updating our landscaping recently, trees are something we have an abundance of.
So instead of planting a real tree, the girls and I made some yummy tasting trees instead. They’re super easy to make and kids can make most of it themselves (minus the stovetop part for young kids). So grab a spoon and a bag of marshmallows and start making those trees!
Arbor Day Tree Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Green food coloring
- 20-24 pretzel sticks
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, then add rice cereal and stir until well coated. Mix in green food coloring until desired green color is reached.
- Lightly spray hands with non-stick cooking spray. Gently flatten rice krispies into a rectangle shape and cut out ‘tree tops’ using around cookie cutter or biscuit cutter. Repeat until all the tree tops are made.
- Gently stick the pretzel rods into each round to make your tree and let rest for a few minutes while the krispie treats firm up. Then, enjoy!