The girls have been quite difficult this week. It’s week 5 of the social distancing Covid quarantine and they’re starting to realize it now. They miss their friends (even Matilda) and want to be out and about. The other day, they were excited to be in the car just to go for a drive to nowhere… that’s how you know they are missing life outside of the house.
Well, today I thought I’d make something fun for the girls that they love – spaghetti and meatballs. But, we were out of eggs. So, instead, I through some ground meat into the Instant Pot with herbs, sauce, spaghetti and water and made all of dinner in 1 pot. It’s so super easy and comes out perfectly every time. And today was no exception! Perfectly al dente pasta, fully cooked, moist meat and dinner clean up was a breeze.
I’m definitely keeping this one in the rotation when school is back in session.
Instant Pot Spaghetti & Meatballs
- 1 lb Italian style frozen meatballs or 1 lb. ground meat with some dried Italian herbs mixed in
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles (1/2 box) (broken in half)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup broth, any kind
- 1 (24 oz) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- Add frozen meatballs/meat and herbs to the bottom of a 6-quart Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
- Top meatballs/seasoned meat with broken spaghetti noodles, spread them out well, otherwise they will stick together while cooking.
- Pour in water and broth then top with pasta sauce. Don’t stir.
- Cook on manual pressure for 9 minutes then quick release.
- Remove lid and stir and let sit for a little bit to thicken up, it will look soupy at first but will thicken quickly. Enjoy!
Adapted from: thecountrycook.net