Tonights dinner came from my head – it was inspired by a meal I had years ago in a little Thai restaurant in a small village outside of London. I don’t know what got me thinking about it tonight, but I’m glad I did because this was divine.
It was also the perfect pantry dinner because I didn’t plan on making this. I had chicken thawed from the freezer, some potatoes and veg that needed using up, coconut milk in the cabinet, seasoning in the spice drawer and a few sprigs on fresh cilantro growing on our house plant. In just 30 minutes, I had dinner on the table and everyone, INCLUDING AMELIA (this is a big shock), gobbled dinner up. I’m definitely making this one again!
I hope you like it as much as I did! Let me know in the comments below!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1/2 cups golden potatoes, chopped small
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garam masala
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 large boneless chicken thighs, chopped small
- 1 14-oz can coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups chopped brocoli
- Optional: Peanuts, to garnish, jasmine rice to serve, fresh cilantro chopped to serve on top
- In a large pan, saute onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add in potatoes and garam masala and cook until just beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in chicken and cook until just cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and mix until sauce begins to simmer, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and cook until it begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and if using, serve over rice with peanuts and cilantro sprinkled on top. Enjoy!