It’s all anyone is talking about, thinking about… talking about…. thinking about… these days. It’s hard to find fresh foods at the shops. It’s hard to find the desire to go in public to shop at the food stores. So, I’ll be focusing more on Mostly Pantry Dinners.
Tonights dinner is brought to you by HalfBakedHarvest. I adapted it to include what we had in the house and is a very forgiving soup. Basically, just make sure you have the broth, beans, lemon and some type of green, and the rest can be played around with.
The original recipe was also made in the crock pot, but I just didn’t have the head space to be that organized this morning. 🙂
Stay safe everyone. And stay away from everyone right now!
Instant Pot Tuscan White Bean and Lemon Soup
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken or veggie stock
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemons juice + 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups roughly torn spinach or kale
- 2 cans (14 ounces) cans cannelloni beans, drained
- grated parmesan, for serving
- In the bowl of your instant pot, combine the chicken stock, quinoa, onion, carrots, basil, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the parmesan, lemon juice and zest, spinach/kale, and beans. Cover and cook on high pressure for 6-8 minutes. release the steam.
- Divide the soup among bowls and top with parmesan. Serve with a hunk of bread. Enjoy!
Adapted from: halfbakedharvest.com