This weekend, we had a bbq with some friends and made Trevor’s Famous Coleslaw. The only problem is there’s leftover cabbage afterwards and I never know what to make with it (aside from stuffed cabbage). But, I figured out a solution – I’ll make a quick bowl with it and use up my leftover quinoa I made for the girls at the same time. YES! Winner of an idea! It’s the perfect dish for Meatless Monday!
All I did was saute up the veg in some sesame oil, mix in the quinoa and soy sauce and dinner was made. It’s delicious. It’s easy. It’s super healthy. And you have to make this!
Asian Quinoa Bowl
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 large bell peppers, any color, chopped
- 1/4 head green cabbage, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- In a large pan, cook bell peppers in sesame oil until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cabbage and water chestnuts and cook until cabbage has softened.
- Mix in cooked quinoa and soy sauce until well combined.
- Top with sesame seeds, if desired, and enjoy!