For Trevor and me, January means fewer carbs and less sugar. We like to go a bit lighter this time of year given all the heavy, glutinous food that comes around the holidays.
This is one of those dishes that I love to make because it’s a meal made in all one pan. It’s super easy, super delicious and this was a winner even with the girls!
If you’re feeling in the mood, dip some crusty bread into the sauce. It’s absolutely delicious!
Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Cutlets
- 1 lb. chicken cutlets (about 4 pieces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes + 1 tablespoon oil from jar
- 1/2 small head of cauliflower, diced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat sun-dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, cauliflower and shallots to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream, any accumulated juices from the chicken and season again with salt and pepper; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and turn to coat with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and parsley. Enjoy!