Here’s an easy weeknight dinner that takes little time to prep. and can be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. It’s a weekly meal in our house because you can put any kind of chicken and any kind of veg on the tray, bake it and you have a perfectly healthy, perfectly delicious dinner.
The girls love helping make this one too because I can chop the veg on the cutting board and they get to (gently!) throw them on the baking sheet. They think it’s hilarious! And every once in a while, they sneak a taste of a veg that they might not have otherwise tried. This makes me so so happy.
So, if you’re in a rush for dinner, give this a try. It doesn’t have to be pretty or gourmet. Just something you all love to eat! Happy dinner!
Sheet-Pan Chicken Tenders & Veggies
- 1 lb. mini yellow potatoes, halved
- 1 package button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian seasoning mix
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop vegetables and put them on a large lined baking tray. Add the chicken tenders.
- Pour olive oil over veggies and chicken and sprinkle seasoning over everything. Toss until well combined.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer, and bake for 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables get a nice char on them. Enjoy!