My parents came over tonight for dinner and unexpectedly stayed for dinner (don’t worry, that’s a good thing, not a bad thing! :)). They are so amazing with the girls, so it makes dinner time go better when they’re hanging out playing and eating.
But, they have a lot of food restrictions. So, I made a quick stir-fry, which generally makes everyone happy. Whatever meat I had in the freezer mixed with whatever veggies I had in the crisper served over rice and dinner was ready faster than delivery could deliver. Homemade for the win, yet again!
Beef & Veggie Stir-Fry
- 1 tablespoon oil, any kind
- 1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced
- 3 cups of mixed vegetables, chopped
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and add vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and cook until just tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Move vegetables to one side of the pan, and add steak strips in. Cook until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the top, toss to combine and serve topped with sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy!