I like to make vegetarian dishes when days are busy and I’m tired at night. They cook fast and they’re usually very easy.
Cauliflower is a great one to use and a meat alternative food because it’s so hearty and can really hold sauces like meat can. It’s fiber-rich, so it’s very filling and you get a lot of your veggies served up in a dish like this.
This dish highlights how amazing cauliflower can be and uses mostly pantry staples so I usually have everything on hand. I like to serve this with rice, but it’s great on its own too!
Cauliflower & Chickpea Masala
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 head (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1½ cups jarred tikka masala sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cauliflower and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Add water; cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add chickpeas and sauce; cook, stirring occasionally, until hot, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve topped with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!