It’s Labor Day weekend and I desperately want to hold on to summer (and its fruits)! So, here’s a quick fruit salad using all of what summer fruit has to offer to bring to your goodbye to summer bbq’s this weekend!
Oh, and don’t skip out on making the vinaigrette – that’s what really makes this stand out!
Summer Fruit Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cantaloupe, chopped
- 1 large nectarine, chopped
- 1/4 cup small fresh basil leaves
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Add oil and salt to pan, stirring with a whisk. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Combine berries and peach in a large bowl or serving plater. Add juice mixture, stirring gently. Sprinkle with basil. Enjoy!