Whole chickens were on sale this week and if there is anything my mom taught me, it’s to not pass up a good supermarket sale! So, I bought the chicken and built the meal-plan around it.
Since I’m all about using my Instant Pot these days (honestly, I was skeptical about buying one and it really truly is a miracle machine), I decided to throw the whole chicken in and just make a chicken soup out of it… in 45 minutes. For real…. You do everything in one pot and the pressure of the instant pot does the rest.
Yes, you can easily make this in a regular pot on the stove, but it would take more that twice as long and who really has that kind of time these days anymore…? Certainly not me!!
Questions? Lemme know in the comments below!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch-thick diagonal slices
- 3 large stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into a large dice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- One 3-pound whole chicken
- 4 cups macaroni or egg noodles
- Turn a 6-quart Instant Pot to the high sauté setting. Add the oil and once hot, add the carrots, celery, garlic, onion, 1 tablespoon salt and a large pinch of pepper. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables are slightly softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and 8 cups water. Lock lid and set to pressure cook on high for 20 minutes. Quick release and and remove the lid. Remove the chicken from the pot and set it aside to cool.
- Switch the Instant Pot to high sauté and bring the soup to a boil. Once at a boil, add the noodles and cook until al dente, 4 to 5 minutes. While the noodles are cooking, shred the chicken into bite-size pieces. Season the chicken generously with salt and pepper then add the meat back to the pot.
- Season the soup with additional salt and pepper, if needed and enjoy!