I’m a big salmon lover. I blame my parents (they are too)! We ate it all the time growing up and while I hated it back then, I’ve really learned to love and appreciate how good it is.
If you search my archives, you’ll see over a dozen recipes I have made using salmon. But one way that I haven’t made in a while is salmon in a taco. So, today, that’s what I’m doing. You can make the salmon any way you like – bake it, bbq it, pan fry it, boil it… whatever you want. It’s a pretty forgiving recipe and you can top the tacos with anything you like.
I am positive you’re going to love this one. Questions? Let me know!
Healthy Salmon Tacos with Cilantro Lime Yogurt Sauce
- 8-10 small tortillas (flour or corn)
- 1 pound salmon
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Ground cumin, to taste
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup thick plain or Greek yogurt
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- Lettuce, shredded
- 1 small handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- Lime wedges
- Preheat oven (or BBQ) to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with silpat or aluminum foil.
- Place salmon on the baking sheet and coat it with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic powder, ground cumin and salt & pepper and cook until it flakes, about 10-15 minutes per side (if bbq’ing salmon, cook 6-8 minutes per side). Once cooked, cut into large bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, lime juice, garlic and cilantro.
- To serve, warm the tortilla in the (already warmed) oven for a minute. Remove and layer with yogurt mixture, then salmon and top with avocado, lettuce and tomatoes. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy immediately!