Every now and again, I look forward to tasty, carb-free dinners. I spent so long eating them when I was doing Whole30 in January, that I still look forward to them now (in moderation, of course).
If I was doing Whole30 again but in the summer, this is one I would definitely have on repeat. It’s because it has my favorite mediterranean flavors mixed in and you don’t miss the rice or pasta or bread you think you might want with it. It has a lemony flavor, and eating this with grilled leeks was a tasty pleasant surprise.
The other great thing about this is start-to finish, it only takes 20 minutes. That’s my kind of a dinner any night of the week!
20-Minute Grilled Lemon-Rosemary Chicken & Leeks
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 (4-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- 4 large leeks, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cubed (or ghee)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 lemon, halved
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, rosemary, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil in a large ziplock bag. Add chicken to bag and seal. Turn bag to coat chicken with marinade. Set aside at room temperature.
- Brush leeks with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Place leeks, cut sides down, on grill grate; grill, uncovered, until grill marks form, 6 to 7 minutes. Transfer leeks to a large piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle with butter and garlic; fold up edges of foil to seal.
- Place chicken, lemon halves, and foil packet on grill grates. Grill chicken until cooked through and grill marks form, 2 to 3 minutes per side. To serve, squeeze lemon over chicken and leeks. Garnish with rosemary. Enjoy!