Even though I cook everyday, I still find that I get in a rut with food sometimes and I need inspiration. This seems to be the week where that’s happening. So, I went to the supermarket yesterday and just walked around. I let the food inspire me.
When I walked past the fish counter, the tilapia looked so fresh and so good. So I picked it up without having any thoughts about what I would do with it, paid and walked out of the store. Even when I got home, I still didn’t know what I would do with it so I thought maybe I’ll just keep it simple and pan-fry it. I haven’t done that with tilapia in a long time, so this is my healthier take on a fish fry.
- 1 cup flour, any kind
- 1/2 parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- Everything but the bagel seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- Salad, to serve (optional)
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Dredge both sides of each piece of tilapia in the flour mixture and pan-fry in oil in a large cast-iron or non-stick skillet for about 4 minutes per side, or until fish is flaky.
- Top with lemon slices and serve immediately over a salad!