Mini muffins. What’s not to love about them? Especially these, which are bite-sized, healthy, veggie packed, no refined sugar muffins of goodness. They are the perfect lunchbox or on the go snack and work for kids of all ages.
That said, If your kids are picky about seeing the veggies, I would great them. Matilda is not old enough to be picky yet, so I can shred these. Amelia is hit or miss regardless….
Whole Wheat Carrot Zucchini (No Sugar) Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated or shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded carrot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat a mini muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the butter, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir together until just barely combined (don’t over mix!).
- Add the zucchini and carrots and stir gently until just distributed.