Spicy, quick dinner alert! These tacos will light up your mouth in the best possible way and faster than you can order delivery.
I’ve been itching for a spicy dinner the past few days and was really looking forward to making these tacos. They come together in 20 minutes and are super satisfying. It was perfect on a day like today where the day got away from me and I didn’t have much time to get my act together before the kids needed to eat.
Trevor was so surprised when I made these because I like a little heat but these are more on the spicy, hot side. I’ll tell you what though – even though they are spicy, the flavors are delicious! While the girls didn’t eat the filling, I gave them some cooked chicken breast in the taco and they happily ate it!
Chorizo Street Tacos
- 1 chorizo sausage link, casing removed and meat crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Optional toppings for serving: avocado, black beans, lime, queso fresco, sour cream, radish
- Mix chorizo and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce together in a bowl.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add chorizo mixture and cook until crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chorizo to a plate, reserving grease in the skillet.
- Heat tortillas in the reserved grease in skillet over medium heat until warmed, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Stack 2 tortillas on top of each other for each taco. Fill with chorizo, onion, and cilantro and top with any toppings you desire. Enjoy immediately!