Amelia’s in an amazing phase right now of always wanting to read. So during breakfast every morning, we read a book together or her Highlights magazine (not sponsored, just awesome). We’ve even been known to read every magazine from the past 6 months…! She’s a huge fan of them (as am I since I grew up reading them).
At the back of every magazine, there is a recipe and Amelia loves to make it. This months features spaghetti nests. They use leftover spaghetti, sauce and cheese to make the nest and with a quick bake, they are instantly transformed from boring spaghetti to exciting new dinner. And you know how much I love creatively changing a foods presentation so Amelia will eat it! Luckily, she ate 2 nests and Matilda ate 3!!
I hope this makes dinner a little bit easier for you tonight!
- Half a box (about 4-6oz) of spaghetti, broken in half, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup sauce, any kind
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together the spaghetti, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce in a large bowl.
- Fill the muffin cups with the spaghetti mixture. Make a dent in the center of each cup to create the ‘nest’.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese over the nests and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until set). Enjoy!