Another Friday, another challah! This week, I’m making a fresh challah bake with all the sweet flavors of strawberries and cream. Fair warning, this cream is absolutely addicting and ultra sweet in the best possible way!
I decided to make this version because the strawberries in town seem to be coming from somewhere that has sugar in the soil. That’s a joke, obviously. But they’ve been so sweet recently that I’ve been wanting to showcase them. What better way then in a breakfast, brunch, dessert bake!
I think this would look perfect on any springtime table. Let me know what you think of it!
Strawberries & Cream Challah Bake
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf challah, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (any kind)
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries with sugar and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners sugar, zest, orange juice and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Place bread in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Spoon cream cheese mixture over bread. Top with strawberry mixture.
- Whisk eggs and milk until blended; pour over top.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Adapted from: tasteofhome.com