Like many other kids, Rice Krispies treats were a really special treat in my house growing up. You could make them into orange pumpkins for Halloween, red hearts for Valentine’s Day or as stuffed Easter eggs like I made here. They’re super easy to make (that is, once you learn the trick of spraying your hands with cooking spray) and they’re kid favorites!
When adding the sprinkles, I found it easiest to press them into the krispie treat, rather than rolling it in the sprinkles. It kept its shape better.
Let me know how you like them!
Stuffed Rice Krispie Easter Eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Assorted sprinkles
- Cadbury mini eggs
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat, then add rice cereal and stir until well coated.
- Lightly spray hands with non-stick cooking spray. Take a small handful of the krispie mix (about the size of an egg) and make a small well in the center. Put chocolate egg in the center and wrap the krispies around the chocolate forming an egg shape.
- Decorate the outside of your eggs with sprinkles and set aside in egg crate until set. These are best enjoyed the day they’re made!
Recipe from: thepioneerwoman.com