What animals love carrots (it’s not a trick question!)? Bunnies, of course! So what better time to serve carrots than at Easter time when there are tons of bunnies around. I bet your little bunnies would love to eat these carrots. Mine sure did (Amelia at least since Matilda still can’t eat honey before age 1).
These carrots are super easy to make and help enhance the natural sweet flavors of the carrots. They’re sweet with a bit of crunch and help bring some much needed color to Easter (or Passover) dinner tables!
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add salt and then carrots and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and add back to pan with butter, honey and lemon juice. Cook until a glaze coats the carrots, 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley. Enjoy immediately!