When the weather warms up, I love making fresh everything! I love fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and fresh made mozzarella. Those three loves make the best caprese! And if you top it with olive oil or balsamic vinegar, well, that’s just the icing on the cake.
Here, I’m lightening it up using zoodles instead of toasted bread, but you could even serve this without the zoodles if you want. It’s just that good!
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mozzarella balls, halved
- 1/4 c. fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons. balsamic vinegar
- Using a spiralizer, create zoodles out of zucchini.
- Add zoodles to a large bowl, toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mozzarella and basil to zoodles and toss until combined.
- Drizzle with balsamic and serve. Enjoy!