Peas in the Spring are sweet little balls of nature’s candy. They burst in your mouth with every bite and are only enhanced with a squeeze of lemon and some fresh parmesan mixed in.
I love to eat these peas with my Lemony Salmon, but they would also taste great with chicken, pork chops or along side a nice steak. Or, if you love eating side dishes, just make it a meal with some other side dishes. That would be yummy too!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 small shallots, sliced
- One 13-ounce bag frozen peas
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and a pinch of salt and cook until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until the peas are soft but still bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and toss.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and a generous pinch of black pepper. Serve hot. Enjoy!