I read cooking blogs, cookbooks and recipes every single day. I love seeing how people combine different foods and flavors to make everyday or unique dishes.
So when I was looking at delish.com the other day, I saw this cherry based salad and thought it would be really great to make for Easter or Passover, but with some other kinds of fruit (because Trevor can’t eat cherries). We have tons of berries on hand now that the weather has warmed up, so I threw some strawberries in and this is what came out. It was delicious! A tasty lunch or dinner in 15 minutes? I’ll take it.
Grilled Chicken Salad with a Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups berries (any kind – I used strawberries), divided
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 large purple cabbage leaves
- 1 package spinach (5oz)
- 1 cup cucumbers
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat a large pan over high heat or a grill to 350 degrees.
- Coat chicken tenders with 1/4 cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until fully cooked. Transfer to plate to rest.
- While the chicken is cooling, combine 1 cup strawberries, vinegar, remaining 1/4 cup olive oil, salt and pepper in a small container. Shake well and set aside.
- To serve, lay cabbage and spinach on a large plate first and top with cucumbers, berries, pistachios and green onions. Finish salad with sliced chicken and drizzle dressing over salad. Enjoy immediately!