When it comes to fish, I always buy it the day I plan to eat it so its freshest. There’s nothing worse than a bad smelling piece of fish!
So when I asked Trevor to bring home 4 pieces of tilapia tonight, I didn’t realize each one would be the size of my forearm! They were enormous, so we only ended up making two. But that’s probably the same weight as two normal sized fish!
Regardless of the size of the fish, lemon and garlic are the best marinade or topping for any white fish. They bring out the natural flavors of the fish and enhance it just enough to be light and satisfying.
This is a super easy dinner that’s quick to make. I served it with roasted carrots and tomatoes but you can serve it with anything you have on hand.
Garlicky Lemon Baked Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice and zest from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Season tilapia fillets with salt and pepper and place on a small baking sheet.
- Mix together butter, garlic, lemon juice, and zest; then pour over tilapia. Place lemon rounds on top and around tilapia.
- Bake tilapia for 10-12 minutes or until fish is fork tender. Enjoy immediately!