My friends Su & Amy are HUGE fans of short ribs. Every now and then, they talk about how they make them, sometimes for special occasions, sometimes for a weekend meal. Both of them have given me pointers on how to make them so I decided to finally pul the trigger and make them for Around the World Week.
The one thing I’ll say about short ribs is after reading dozens of recipes, they can be quite hands on if you don’t bbq them. It’s cold outside, so I wanted to make them in the oven and quickly.
So, I made a 5-minute marinade and that’s all the hands on time you need. The oven does the rest. They are dynamite and pair perfectly with small roasted potatoes tossed in a little olive oil, salt & pepper.
Here’s how I made them – let me know what you think!
Korean Short Ribs
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, + more to top post cooking
- 2 pounds short ribs, bone-in
- Combine all ingredients in a ziploc bag and shake to make sure ribs are fully covered.
- Marinade for a minimum of 1 hour – overnight (the longer it marinades, the more flavor will soak in).
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Add short ribs and all marinade into a dutch oven, cover, and cook in the oven for about 3 hours (meat will start to fall off the bone once done).
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing to eat. Enjoy with potatoes or your favorite vegetable!