Even though Amelia is a pretty good eater, I keep looking for new ways to get more fruits and veggies into her. Because she is so obsessed with muffins, I try different recipes to see which work and which don’t. So I can tell you, these work!
These muffins are light and fluffy, not dense like many healthy muffins. They are packed with 2 fruits, a veg, and 2 kinds of protein. That’s a well rounded muffin with NO SUGAR ADDED!
I took these straight out of the oven tonight and Amelia ate two straight away and Mattie ate almost a whole regular sized muffin! These are kid (and parent) approved!
Apple Zucchini Muffins
- 1 small ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup (about 3 small) apple, grated
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or spray a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together banana, eggs, oil, yogurt, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Stir in the apple and zucchini; then carefully fold in the flour (do not over mix).
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool slightly before transferring to a wire baking rack to cool. Enjoy!