The Super Bowl is this Sunday and it’s the Patriots vs. the Rams. While my team isn’t in it, I still get to enjoy all the commercials and the foods! I really love the food, if you couldn’t guess. ☺️
Coming off my Whole30 month, I wanted to ease back into food with another Paleo recipe because why not (I told you it would stay in my life! 😅)! This guacamole filled crispy potato skin is everything you hope it would be and more. It has crunch, saltiness, creaminess and tons of flavor. And, it’s all good for you! So, instead of grabbing potato chips and dip, try this instead!
Superbowl Sweet Potato Skin Footballs
For the Potato Skins
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
For the Guacamole & Toppings
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Tightly wrap sweet potatoes in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until very tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Carefully unwrap and set aside to cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, leaving a ¼-inch border (save the scooped-out flesh for another use). Place the sweet potato halves skin-side up on the prepared baking sheet. Brush with oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake until browned and crisp, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Cheddar. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the guacamole: Mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Fill each sweet potato skin with guacamole, tomato, onion and cilantro. Using the sour cream, draw football laces across the sweet potato and enjoy immediately during the game!