Every once in a while, I crave tacos. It’s a funny thing to crave, I know. But it set in this weekend while I was making my shopping list. So, I wanted to make sure I had a whole30 way of eating these this week.
I used lettuce as the taco shell, stirred up a really easy beef mixture using store-bought taco seasoning (you can make this too if you have the ingredients already – chili power, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper) and topped it with my favorite toppings.
And if you want to use your InstaPot to make these, there are steps for those below too! I hope you enjoy this!
Whole30/Paleo Beef Tacos
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or ghee
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning (make sure it doesn’t have sugar in it)
- Butter lettuce (for taco, wrap or salad)
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large pan, combine coconut oil or ghee, onion and pepper and saute until just beginning to soften (about 5 minutes). Mix in garlic until fragrant, for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Add beef and taco seasoning and mix until meat is fully cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Lay out butter lettuce (like a taco) and fill with beef mixture. Top with sliced avocado, salsa and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!