I’m trying to balance the heavy meat options of Whole30 with lots of veggies so my stomach doesn’t hate me! This is a great option for lunch or dinner that keeps me full and satisfied and not hating meal time. The salad has crunch, creaminess and a mediterranean feel to it that I absolutely love.
Whole30/Paleo Chopped BLT Salad
- 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced (optional)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 slices turkey bacon or low-sodium bacon
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp, browned, and most of the fat has rendered, about 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
Chop the bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or in 4 single bowls) combine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Add in salt, pepper, olive oil, and lime juice then toss well to coat.
Fold in bacon and serve immediately. Enjoy!