I’m trying to balance the heavy meat options of Whole30 with lots of veggies so my stomach doesn’t hate me! This is a great option for lunch or dinner that keeps me full and satisfied and not hating meal time. The salad has crunch, creaminess and a mediterranean feel to it that I absolutely love.
Whole30/Paleo Chopped BLT Salad
- 8 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced (optional)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 slices turkey bacon or low-sodium bacon
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the bacon in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook the bacon until crisp, browned, and most of the fat has rendered, about 4 to 6 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
Chop the bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl (or in 4 single bowls) combine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, and avocado. Add in salt, pepper, olive oil, and lime juice then toss well to coat.
Fold in bacon and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Adapted from: theironyou.com