I find Paleo/Whole30 breakfasts to be the hardest of the day because I’m so used to eating cereal with a big cup of tea in the morning. It’s so easy to have and requires no effort or planning.
So now that I’ve started my Whole30 month, I find myself having to plan my food more so that there are healthy, accessible options. That’s why I really love this fruit & nut bake. It’s kind of like eating granola for breakfast, but with none of the added sugar. The dates add so much sweetness, so you won’t miss the processed sugar one bit. I promise!
Store these in the fridge or even the freezer. They freeze great, so make them in a big batch!
Paleo Fruit & Nut Bake
- 1 cup of each: pecans, walnuts, almonds, chopped
- 15 dates, finely chopped
- 2-3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons (homemade) vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients.
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray. Press the nut mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Allow the bars to cool for 5 minutes, then pull on the wax paper to remove them from the pan. Slice the bars into rectangles and enjoy
Adapted from: tastesoflizzyt.com