Starting my day off on the right foot with this festive Christmas oatmeal. It’s hearty and sweet and gives you plenty of energy to keep opening all those presents! It’s the perfect breakfast to enjoy Christmas morning with the family.
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 2 very ripe bananas, smooshed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, mix all ingredients together until oats begin to soften and cranberries start to breakdown (about 10-15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Adapted from: kyleecooks.com