Another week, another soup! My favorite! This one is a good refrigerator dump – empty whatever you have in your fridge into the pot and you have one amazing soup! This one shines using the colors of Christmas, and is light enough to eat anytime of year.
I used fresh cherry tomatoes today, but usually make it with canned diced tomatoes (as written below). It tastes very different with the fresh tomatoes and I love it both ways!
Christmas Tortellini Soup
- 1 (32-oz) box vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups celery
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Koser salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and water to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the beans, celery, tomatoes, salt and pepper and return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in basil and top with cheese. Enjoy!