Last Christmas, I was in England with my in-laws and my FIL bought me Jamie Oliver’s 5-Ingredients cookbook. I think his recipes are amazing and own many of his cookbooks, so I was so excited to have his newest one.
Every recipe is only 5 ingredients (*with the exception of oil, salt & pepper, which are not included in the 5-ingredients). They are full-flavored, delicious dinners that are usually quick and easy to make too. This is one of his recipes that uses five very strong flavors to create one amazing dinner.
And, I have another recipe like this one that uses chicken thighs, chorizo and artichokes that I’ll share here soon too. Both are amazing and simple!
5-Ingredient One-Pan Fabulous Fish
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons olive tapenade
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- (Olive oil, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste)*
- ½ a bunch of fresh basil
- 4 fillets of any white fish (like flounder or haddock)
- In a large shallow casserole pan on a high heat, mix the rice with 1 tablespoon of tapenade, then pour over 3 cups of water. Put the lid on and let it come to the boil while you halve the tomatoes. In a bowl, mix the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper. Roughly chop the basil and add in most of the leaves. Toss to combine and set aside.
- Cut the fish into four equal-sized pieces and place in the pan, pushing them into the rice. Scatter over the dressed tomatoes. Put the lid back on and boil for 10 minutes, or until the rice is cooked through, then remove the lid and cook for a further 2 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated. Spoon the remaining tapenade over the fish, top with the remaining basil leaves, drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, and dish up. Enjoy!