What’s amazing about soup is you can hide lots of ingredients in them that either a) don’t have much flavor or 2) are good for you but you just don’t want to eat.
This soup is neither! The ingredients are full of flavor and you’ll want to lick the bowl when you’re done.
You’ll definitely want some crusty bread to dip in it – soup this time of year just screams for a good baguette or french bread. You can even chop up some stale bread, saute it in some olive oil and balsamic vinegar and you instantly have delicious croutons.
5-Ingredient Broccoli, Cannellini Bean & Cheddar Soup
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound (~6 cups) broccoli crowns, trimmed and chopped
- 1 14-ounce can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- Bring broth and water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add broccoli, cover and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in beans, salt and pepper and cook until the beans are heated through, about 1 minute.
- Add cheese in and using an immersion blender, blend until smooth (if you prefer a chunkier soup, blend until desired thickness). Alternatively, transfer half the mixture to a blender with half the cheese and puree to preferred thickness. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining broccoli mixture and cheese. Serve warm. Enjoy!