The other day, we had an unexpected snow storm so we were stuck inside ALL DAY LONG. Because it was unexpected, I didn’t have all the ingredients for most things I wanted to make. But luckily, I had pumpkin. These pumpkin cookies are so yummy and easy to make, so they’re perfect to make with kids.
My daughter was eager to bake cookies, so she helped me take out all the ingredients, combine them all together and of course eat all the cookies. Because what’s better on a snow day than eating cookies?!
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with a Vanilla Glaze
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened + 1 tablespoon melted (divided)
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- While cookies are baking, make the glaze: sift powdered sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cookies and let cool. Makes 30-36 cookies. Enjoy!
Adapted from: verybestbaking.com