Here’s an easy dinner that can be cooked all on one-sheet pan even with three different cooking times. Just prep each stage as the prior one is cooking and it’ll all be done at the same time. Cuts down on dishes, work and time. And you end up with a super healthy and super easy dinner. What’s better than that?
Sheet-Pan (Fried) Chicken, Broccoli & Sweet Potato Wedges
- 6-8 (3 1/2-oz.) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- Juice of one lemon
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cooking spray
- 2 large sweet potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 7 cups broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt, poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and black pepper; toss to combine.
- Place eggs in a shallow dish. Combine panko, Parmesan, oregano, and parsley in another shallow dish. Dip each drumstick in eggs then dredge in panko mixture. Place drumsticks on a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray; discard remaining egg and panko mixture. Coat tops of drumsticks with cooking spray. Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, combine potatoes, 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Arrange potatoes on one half of another rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Place in oven with chicken, and bake at 425°F for 10 minutes.
- While chicken and potatoes are cooking, combine broccoli, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, garlic clove, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove baking sheet with potatoes from oven; turn potatoes over, and add broccoli to other half of pan. Place in oven with chicken, and bake at 425°F for 20 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are done. Squeeze 1 lemon wedge over broccoli. Serve remaining lemon wedges with the meal. Enjoy!