Don’t waste those delicious pumpkin seeds when you’re carving your pumpkin. Spice them up with sweet or savory spices for an instant amazeballs recipe.
I used to carve pumpkins and roast the seeds with my mom as a kid. Over the years, I tossed them with all sorts of different spices. This year, I’m sticking with sweet so I can have something healthy to munch on after dinner.
Ps- these are also super fun to make with kids. Amelia thought it was hilarious digging out the pumpkin guts and seeds.
Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 grind of kosher salt on a grinder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Spread the seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until totally dry throughout, 60 minutes.
- Transfer the seeds to a large bowl (reserve the baking sheet). Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Drizzle the butter over the pumpkin seeds, sprinkle with the sugar, salt, and cinnamon, and toss to coat. Spread the seeds in an even layer on the reserved sheet, and bake, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool before enjoying!