Katie Lee makes a mean bbq rack of ribs and this is a her recipe. There’s a lot of down time from baking to grilling but it’s worth the time investment.
Buy meaty ribs so you can really enjoy the flavor of the rub. The different cooking methods really bring out the smokey flavors. And the dipping sauce is so good, I could drink it!
The Best BBQ Ribs Ever
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 racks baby back ribs
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, salt, black pepper, oregano, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder in a small bowl and rub the mixture onto both sides of the ribs. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- In a roasting pan, combine the broth and vinegar. Add the ribs to the pan, cover with foil and tightly seal. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Remove the ribs from the pan and place them on a platter. Pour the liquid from the pan into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook until it’s reduced by half. Add in the barbecue sauce.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high. Put the ribs on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until browned and slightly charred. Cut the ribs between the bones and toss them in a large bowl with the sauce. Serve hot. 5. Enjoy!