Ever crave something but know you can’t get to your favorite restaurant to have it (delivery is not always the same!)? Then these are perfect for you! You can put anything in them and use what you already have on hand to make them perfect! Have just a handful of greens or a tiny wedge of cheese? Perfect for dinner!
You can easily increase or decrease the amounts based on how many quesadillas you want to make and how many mouths need to be fed!
The best part of these – a beer to go right along side them. Go ahead, you deserve it!
Easy Chicken Quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 ounces skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast, shredded (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese (about 1 cup), shredded
- 4 (8-in.) flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Salsa or avocado, for serving
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle flour over pan; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Slowly add stock; cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. Remove pan from heat; stir in spinach, salt, pepper, chicken, and cheese.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Divide chicken mixture evenly over half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half over filling. Carefully coat both sides of quesadillas with cooking spray. Add 2 quesadillas to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Cut each into wedges and serve with salsa or avocado. Enjoy!
Adapted from: Cookinglight.com
Nice looking !