I love my slow-cooker. We use it every week for at least one dish to save time at night when the weather gets cooler. And, this crock pot go-to recipe doesn’t disappoint! It’s easy to make and very adaptable. Case in point, the original recipe called for all limes but I used most of them up last night. I had a lemon so I just substituted that in and it gave it a new citrus flavor (you’ll notice the change reflected in the updated version of this recipe below)!
Slow-Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place diced chicken breasts in a crock pot.
- In a small bowl, combine rest of ingredients. Stir until combined. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken easily falls apart.
- Serve chicken in a taco, lettuce wrap or over rice. Enjoy!