If you ask my mom, ravioli was one of my favorite foods growing up. It’s still one of my weeknight go-to’s, but now I have to make it a little more adult and kid friendly! I tend to choose once with vegetables inside. You only taste the cheese, so it’s a win-win!
If you pair this with zoodles or ribbons, you’ll have a jam packed but light veggie powered meal!
Pesto Ravioli with Zucchini & Carrot Ribbons
- Homemade pesto (see my prior post for recipe)
- 1 medium zucchini, very thinly sliced lengthwise*
- 3 small-medium carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced lengthwise*
- 1 lb ravioli, any flavor (I used TJ’s cauliflower cheese)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare pesto (see prior post for ingredients and how-to).
- Prep the zucchini and carrots: place shaved zucchini in a large colander and set it in the sink for 20 minutes. While the zucchini is resting, make ravioli according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in medium sauce pan over medium heat. Sauté zucchini and carrots in oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper until soft, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately with ravioli and top with pesto. Enjoy!