Roasting brings out the best flavor in veggies, especially beets and carrots. And, beets are in season in the summer and taste like CANDY when you roast them.
I truly believe these two sweet veggies really should always be served together. They can be plated hot with chicken, cooled over a salad, or eat them right out of the bowl with a fork. You choose!
Honey-Balsamic Glazed Roasted Beets & Carrots
- 3 large beets, tops trimmed, skin on
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap the beets in tinfoil and roast them for 1.5 hours. Set aside and cool. When the beets are cool enough to handle, peel them with your fingers. Slice beets into wedges and set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel the carrots and toss with olive oil. Roast on a baking sheet for about 30 minutes, turning once, until soft and carrots start to turn golden.
- Combine the balsamic vinegar and honey in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Chop and add the carrots and beets to the skillet until the glaze bubbles and thickens, coating the carrots and beets with a sticky glaze. Remove from heat and serve immediately, or cool and serve over a salad. Enjoy!