Fish tacos are great because you can roll anything into them that you have laying around. Don’t have an avocado? Use sour cream. Don’t have sour cream? Use yogurt. No slaw? Chop up any veggies you have. Get it? Use any fish, any veg and any spread. It’s really that easy.
- 1 pound of any white fish (flounder, tilapia, grouper, mahi mahi, etc…)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt or 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Combine the olive oil and 2T lime juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine to make marinade. Place the fish in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the fish for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add in fish and season with lemon pepper seasoning and salt. Cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness of fish (the fish is done when it can easily be flaked with a fork).
- To assemble tacos, warm a tortilla and smear yogurt or a cube of avocado. Layer fish, a little onion, pepper, tomato, cilantro and a squirt of lime juice. Enjoy!
That seemed simple & quick !!