“Beef – it’s what’s for dinner”. Anyone else remember that tag line from years ago? I still say it in my head every time I say the word ‘beef’, so it must have been good advertising!
Well, this beef is divine. It starts off sweet and ends with on a spicy note. It has great crunchy from the veggies and you can swap in (or out) and that you can want (or don’t want).
Sweet Chili Beef with Scallions & Snow Peas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb. flank steak
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 small bag snow peas
- 1 small head of broccoli
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over high-heat. Add the beef and cook until nicely browned, then remove and set aside
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet. Add the scallions, snow peas, broccoli, pepper, onion, garlic and ginger and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add the sweet chili and soy sauce and bring to a boil.
- Return the beef to pan. Toss to coat with the sauce and heat through 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Adapted from: thriftyfoods.com
I’d so love a plateful of this spicy beef with veggies 😀