With two kids under three being sick, I knew I wouldn’t have time to make a healthy dinner tonight unless I prepped it ahead of time. So I made the parcels this morning before the girls woke up and left them on the baking sheet ready to be cooked for dinner. In just 15 minutes tonight with no added work, we all enjoyed a super easy, simple and healthy dinner instead of getting take-out. Win win!
Fish Fillets with Tomato, Squash & Basil
- 1 large yellow squash, chopped
- 1 large green squash, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 20 cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1.5 lbs. white flaky fish fillets (I used tilapia here)
- Place four sheets of parchment paper, or heavy-duty foil if grilling, on a work surface. Divide squash among parchment sheets, arranging on one side of sheet in thin layers. Sprinkle shallots and sliced basil over, dividing equally. Scatter tomato halves around squash. Drizzle each packet with 1 tablespoons wine and 1/2 tablespoon oil (add 1/2 tablespoon water to each if grilling). Season with salt and pepper. Place a fish fillet atop each portion. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle 1/2 tablespoon oil over each. Fold parchment/foil over mixture and crimp edges tightly to form a sealed packet.
- To cook fish: if using an oven, preheat to 400 degrees. Place packets in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. If using a gas grill, heat to medium-high. Bake or grill fish until just cooked through, about 10-15 minutes. Carefully cut open packets (steam will escape). Garnish with basil leaves. Enjoy!