Sunday mornings are for pancakes in our house. We love cooking together in our pj’s and starting the day in a lazy kind of way. These pancakes only take 5-minutes to prep and another 5 minutes to cook (as long as your pan is preheated!). And while we normally eat them on the weekends, Amelia and Matilda have started wanting them during the week too. But, it’s ok because the cook up really quickly!
One major secret to fluffy pancakes is giving the vinegar enough time to curdle in the milk. That, and not smooshing them down once you flip them.
Top them with your favorite fruit or for an extra special treat, chocolate chips (that’s why they don’t need any sugar or salt – you’ll get that from the toppings!).
Questions? Lemme know!
My Favorite Fluffy Pancakes
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup flour, any kind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- cooking spray
- Combine milk & vinegar in a measuring cup or bowl for 5 minutes (alternatively, you can use 3/4 cups store-bought buttermilk).
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into “soured” milk. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon until lumps are gone. Don’t over mix!
- Pre-heat pan for 3-4 minutes over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and fresh fruit. Enjoy!