We eat oatmeal almost everyday and this simple 5-minute oatmeal recipe prepped at night in a slow-cooker makes for a tasty, easy breakfast in the morning. Even my two-year old absolutely loves helping to make and eat this!
It’s made with steel cut oats which flourish when cooked for a long time. It really does need 6-cups of liquid in the slow cooker – otherwise, it’ll be very dry. You can use any toppings you have on hand too.
Good Morning Oats
- 1.5 cups steel cut oats (not regular or instant)
- 2 cups milk (I used almond milk, but you can use any milk)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- Fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, coconut flakes, honey, or any topping you like
- Line crock-pot with a liner. Mix everything (with the exception of your toppings) in a lined slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Top with your favorite fruits and nuts. Enjoy!