Another rainy morning here in the northeast makes me think the sun is never going to come out. Enter carrot curry soup – it brings an immediate smile to your face the minute you smell it cooking! It’s super quick (~25 minutes start to finish) and super healthy.
You can make this recipe vegetarian/vegan by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Preparation: 25 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3-5 ounces water, depending on desired thickness
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Pour the vegetable broth into a pot, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the curry powder, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and carrots.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender (or regular blender), puree the carrots in the cooking pot.
- Once mixture is pureed, stir in the coconut milk and the water. Bring to a simmer and sprinkle with cilantro to serve.
Adapted from All Recipes.