I love making granola! I make it every week and my family gobbles it up. We put it on yogurt, on ice cream or eat it right out of the container.
You can customize it in so many ways too! Here’s how:
- 4 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 cup well-chopped nuts (I use a combination of almonds and cashews)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (I used manuka honey, but you can use any kind)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (optional)
- If you want clumpy granola, mix in 2 egg whites (optional)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Mix wet into dry ingredients.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan and bake at 280f for 45 minutes. Don’t mix or shake it while baking.
- Turn off oven and let mixture cool in oven before storing in a container for up to 2 weeks.