I love making granola! I make it every week and my family gobbles it up. We put it on yogurt, on ice cream or eat it right out of the container. You can customize it in so many ways too! Here’s how:
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup well-chopped nuts, any kind
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit, any kind
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup oil, any kind
- 1/3 cup honey, any kind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- If you want clumpy granola, mix in 2 egg whites (optional)
- Preheat oven to 280 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Mix dry ingredients together. Mix wet ingredients together. Mix wet into dry ingredients.
- Spread mixture evenly over pan and bake for 45 minutes. Don’t mix or shake it while baking.
- Turn off oven and let mixture cool in oven before storing in a container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!