The other night, Trevor came home and said he read a recipe for something called Crack Chicken and wanted to make it. Who am I to argue with a name like that?! So he went and bought all the ingredients and then…ran out of time to make it… so the next day, I decided to surprise him by making it. I had everything to make it with after all!
I started by dumping the ingredients into the Instant Pot – easy so far! I let the IP do its thing and then shredded the chicken using the stand mixer (it’s the best trick to get it perfectly shredded every time!). I served it with some yummy toppings over fresh bread.
Sounds like a big old nothing, right? When I tell you this chicken is unreal, it’s UNREAL! It is creamy, it has texture, it has a BOLD flavor – it’s delicious. This is one of the few meals I’ve made recently that both my girls have loved. This is a big big win! I’ll definitely be making this again and I hope you will too. Let me know what you think in the comments below!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions
- Place chicken and cream cheese in Instant Pot. Sprinkle ranch seasoning over the top and add 1/2 cup water. Close Instant Pot and set to High Pressure for 15 minutes. Be sure you turn the valve to “sealing”. Once done, do a quick pressure release. Once pin drops, remove the lid.
- Remove about 2 to 3 teaspoons of liquid from the pot and place in a small bowl to cool. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred.
- Turn Instant Pot to “Saute” mode and whisk the liquid vigorously to break up the cream cheese. When liquid comes to a simmer, stir the cornstarch into the 2 to 3 teaspoons of liquid you removed from the pot. (It should no longer be hot. If it is, stir the cornstarch into 2 to 3 teaspoons of cold water instead.) Add cornstarch mixture to the Instant Pot. Cook and whisk until it thickens.
- Then add chicken back to pot along with cheddar cheese. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top and serve. Enjoy!
Delectable! 😀 I reckon this could be used as a filling for chicken pie, too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Good idea! I’d love to know how that turns out!
LikeLiked by 1 person